We take food that would otherwise be destined for the bin even though it is perfectly OK and we turn it into wholesome meals. We don’t know what food we will have each morning so we always have the challenge of how to create an amazing meal within the limitations of the food that turns up.
Projects like this can only run because of it’s volunteers and the Rainbow Junk-tion Café is no exception. We have an amazing group of volunteers already but if you would like to join them then why not drop into the café and speak to us.
Here are some of the things that you might do as a volunteer:
- act as a waiter / waitress in serving our customers
- help prepare or cook food in the kitchen
- if you are a chef or aspire to be one then you might help with preparing the menu – you will need to be creative as you never know what food we might have intercepted!
- help with collecting intercepted food
- distribute leaflets, posters or generally advertise the café, the project and what it is all about
- help with the website and social media
- oh, and washing up, emptying the bins, cleaning the floor and all those other “nice” jobs!
Among other things we offer our volunteers the opportunity to gain food hygiene qualifications and to have a lot of fun together!
If you want to volunteer or find out more please contact us via the contact page.