Rainbow Junktion can only run because of the amazing and generous team of volunteers who make everything possible. We are so grateful to our team and are always looking for new people to join us at our vibrant community cafe.
Here are some of the things that you might do as a volunteer:
- help coming up with the menu in the morning based on ingredients in front of us
- help cooking or preparing food in the kitchen (we assign tasks based on your ability and confidence levels)
- acting as a server in the cafe or shop (taking orders, giving out food, putting together shopping bags)
- help collect intercepted food from various points around the city
- sorting through and organising donations of food
- distributing leaflets, posters or helping promote the cafe in other ways
- help with the website and social media
- oh, and washing up, emptying the bins, cleaning the floor and all those other “nice” jobs!
Among other things we offer our volunteers the opportunity to gain food hygiene qualifications and to have a lot of fun together!
Photos by Jill Setterington