Projects like The Real Junk Food Project can only run because of it’s volunteers and the Rainbow Junk-tion Cafe is no exception. We have an amazing group of volunteers already but if you would like to join them then why not drop into the café and speak to us.
Here are some of the things that you might do as a volunteer:
- act as a waiter / waitress in serving our customers
- help prepare or cook food in the kitchen
- if you are a chef or aspire to be one then you might help with preparing the menu – you will need to be creative as you never know what food we might have intercepted!
- help TRJFP with collecting intercepted food
- distribute leaflets, posters or generally advertise the café, the project and what it is all about
- help with the website and social media
- oh, and washing up, emptying the bins, cleaning the floor and all those other “nice” jobs!
Among other things we offer our volunteers the opportunity to gain food hygiene qualifications and to have a lot of fun together!
If you want to volunteer or find out more please contact us via the contact page.