Just letting you all know that Rainbow Junktion is still open 🙂
We are doing takeaway lunches between 12 and 3pm on Mondays and Thursdays (plus a shop and also food parcel pick up point for LCC) and on Fridays we are open 12-3pm for a shop only.
We are taking it day by day but hope to stay open and serving the community as long as possible.
We are also delivering to a few self isolating financially struggling families in the local area.
We hope you are all staying safe and healthy and send you lots of rainbow love at this difficult and strange time. Below is some more information about where you can get help if you need it and volunteering/donating.
If you need food or help
– Leeds City Council have launched two helplines, so that people in need of support can call to be matched with a volunteer who can help 0113 376 0330 or 0113 378 1877
If you have fresh or tinned food that is unopened and going spare
– Please drop it off at the cafe between 9.30am and 3pm on a Monday, Thursday or Friday or contact us on facebook
– Please contact us before dropping if it is a large amount or you cannot drop it in the above times.
If you want to volunteer
– We are not taking on new volunteers at this time but Voluntary Action Leeds are coordinating volunteers across the city, if you are healthy and low risk then just fill in this form https://tinyurl.com/w3gjvwp or email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0113 2977920
If you have questions about Corona Virus
– The World Health Organisation has an excellent whats app where you can have your questions answered. You can join it here https://tinyurl.com/vtyjax4
If you want to be part of a local mutual aid group
– Join this group and check out the pinned post with groups organised by postcode – https://www.facebook.com/groups/855572711535845/
If you could support the cafe financially
– You can donate directly to our bank account, just mark it as a donation, the details are – Bank:
CAF Bank Account name: Rainbow Junktion
Account number: 00031454
Sort Code: 40-52-40
Peace and rainbow love