So you are concerned about food waste. Where can you find out more?
Here are some useful resources that will help you on your journey to find out more about how we waste so much food:
- “The Real Junk Food Project” – the project’s home page
- “The Real Junk Food Project Community” – the project’s Facebook page
- “Waste – Uncovering the global food scandal” – a book by Tristram Stuart
- “Feeding the 5000” – a website and campaign to reduce our own food waste and that of businesses as well
- “Sustainable Food Trust” – we need to produce and use our food more wisely. Here is a “global voice for sustainable food”.
- “Permaculture Association” – Permaculture is a design system based on observing nature, in Permaculture there is the aim to produce no waste, everything is used, every output becomes an input for something else.
- “Love Food Hate Waste” – a website giving facts, figures and ideas. There are some useful tools as well.
Articles on TRJFP
- Matthew Ketchell interviews Adam Smith, founder of TRJFP
- BBC article from 23rd July 2014 – Adam Smith shows us how it works.
- The MOJO Radio Show Episode 7.5 – The Real Junk Food Project
Websites and blogs on consumerism and lifestyle
- Zero Waste Home – a personal blog by Bea Johnson as she and her family aim for a zero waste home
- Lydia Living Lightly – Thoughts and ideas about how to make a small and ethical footprint in this world
- Trash is for Tossers – a personal blog by Lauren Singer as she tries to live a zero waste lifestyle in NYC
Resources on economoics
- New Economics Foundation – the UK’s leading think tank promoting social, economic and environmental justice. Their purpose is to bring about a Great Transition – to transform the economy so that it works for people and the planet.